The medical industry is keen on using high tech procedures and pharmaceutical drugs to cure disease, but in some cases, a more holistic approach can save the patient thousands of dollars and endless suffering by eliminating dangerous side effects.
Holistic healing is nothing new. It has been practiced worldwide for centuries. Yet too many of today’s medical practitioners scoff at the idea that a simpler way of treating diseases may actually work. Those who suffer from Vitiligo have learned that holistic healing is not only more effective, but safer than more traditional treatment options.
A Nutritional Approach to Healing
Vitiligo has been directly linked to a toxic buildup in the body. This is often caused by overworking the liver and kidneys with the wrong diet. When the liver is unable to purge toxins from the body fast enough, the skin begins to release them, and this can cause serious skin damage, including the death of pigment cells. By changing the way you eat, you can begin to stop this dangerous leakage and reverse the effects of Vitiligo.
Some of the things that should be avoided while healing Vitiligo holistically include:
- Gluten: whether they know it or not most people suffer from some sort of gluten sensitivity or intolerance, and this can cause a reaction in the skin.
- Acidic foods: eating too many acidic foods can throw off the Ph balance in the body, and that can leave the skin vulnerable to attack.
- Processed foods: jam packed with preservatives, chemicals, and other toxins, processed foods are horrible for your body and your skin. Avoid them while healing.
- Sugar laden foods: soft drinks, snacks, etc. can all alter your glucose levels which can negatively affect the health of your skin.
What Should You Eat?
The foods you eat can either hurt your skin or help it heal. Adopting a Vitiligo- busting diet will include adding plenty of these to your daily eating plan:
- Proteins: considered the building blocks of cells, protein such as lean meats, eggs, and nuts can all help your skin heal.
- Fats and oils: the body needs a certain amount of fats and oils daily in order to function properly. Be sure to use extra virgin olive oil for cooking to help boost your immune system and increase circulation in the skin.
- Omega 3 Fatty acids: known to boost immunity and limit damaging inflammation throughout the body, eating plenty of deep sea fish can help your skin return to its natural coloring and glow.
- Fruits and Vegetables: an essential part of nay diet, fresh fruits, and veggies give your skin the right mix of nutrients.
- Water: nothing beats clear fresh water when it comes to keeping the skin healthy. Be sure to drink at least 64 ounces every day.