Millions of people worldwide face sleeping issues every single night. Millions of people suffer from insomnia as well, and it negatively affects their everyday life.
When it’s about insomnia, we often rely more on the modern chemically produced pills than all natural traditional medicine.
However, you should not despair if you are one of those facing sleeping issues, as there is a completely natural remedy that will restore your sleep and will help you wake up fresh and in a good mood.
Honey is much sweeter than sugar and is far better for you. Honey is essentially a highly concentrated water solution of two sugars, which our bodies break down easier and faster. Because honey is low on the Glycemic Index, it is gradually absorbed into the blood stream.
According to some research, honey promotes and restores sleep in two main ways.
First, it allows for an adequate supply of liver glycogen overnight while your body is fasting and stores are low. The average adult liver only has about 75 to 100 grams worth of storage space for glycogen, which varies between men and women of different body sizes.
Per hour the body consumes about 10 grams of glycogen during the day, leaving our stores quite low by the time our heads hit the pillow at 11 p.m.
More than 40 health benefits of raw honey
- Antibacterial and antifungal properties
- Provides minerals, vitamins, antioxidants
- Strengthens immunity
- Honey also has its effect on weight loss. Simply drink warm water with lemon and honey on an empty stomach.
- Promotes the growth of good bacteria in the intestine
- Boosts energy and reduces fatigue
- Restores eyesight. Mix 2 teaspoons of honey with carrot juice and consume regularly.
- Relieves a sore throat
- Prevents heart disease by improving blood flow
- Soothes burns, disinfects wounds. Garlic honey, which is just a mixture of honey and garlic, can be applied directly to infected wounds to clean the area
- Reduces inflammation and pain
- Alkalizes body’s pH
- Contains phytonutrients, which possess cancer-preventing and anti-tumor properties
- Helps with indigestion and acid reflux
- Destroys bacteria causing acne
- Prevents low white blood cell count
- Counters pollen allergies. Take a teaspoon of raw honey a couple of times a day starting a few months prior to allergy season.
- Flushes parasites from liver and colon
- A salve made of honey can be applied to eczema when mixed with black pepper and ginger
- For hangovers. Mix 15ml of raw honey with 80ml of orange juice and 70ml of organic yogurt.
- Reduces ulcers and other gastrointestinal disorders
- Honey helps build stamina in athletes
- Honey and cinnamon can help with arthritis. Mix one part honey with two parts of lukewarm water and a teaspoon of cinnamon. Massage the mixture on the itching part of the body.
- Helps with scalp problems and dandruff
- Helps with anxiety
- Reduces metabolic stress
- Helps clear your sinuses. To clear your sinuses, take a mixture of 1 teaspoon each of fresh ginger juice and honey two or three times a day.
- Cures a toothache. Make a paste of honey and cinnamon and apply on the aching tooth.
- Moisturizes skin. Mix a dollop of honey and two tablespoons of warm water and massage the mixture into your skin.
- Relieves morning sickness
- Helps with hiccups
- Reduces hay fever. Take a tablespoon of honey in the morning
- Helps with tension headaches. Simply sip on a 1/2 glass of warm water with a couple of added teaspoons of honey.
- Helps with pink eye. Place a teaspoon of honey with a cup of water and heat just enough to melt the honey. Let cool and use an eye dropper drop the mixture in the infected eye.
- Leg cramps. Take 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of honey each evening before bed.
- Reduces cholesterol. Mix two tablespoons of honey and three tablespoons of cinnamon in 16 ounces of tea.
- Helps with bad breath. Mix one teaspoon of honey and cinnamon in hot water.
However, make sure to buy raw honey, organic because the heating during manufacturing destroys nutrients and enzymes. Additionally, locally grown raw honey from the area you live is more beneficial as it possesses the immune stimulating properties needed for your body to adapt to its environment.