Most people suffer from some type of unwanted skin darkening caused by a range of reasons, such as chafing, sun exposure, freckles, scars, acne, skin irritations, pigmentation, skin allergies, rashes, contact sports, genetics, etc.
But it doesn’t have to cost a lot to fix this problem, baking soda is an excellent remedy for treating uneven skin, while also brightening it. Baking soda acts as an exfoliator, skin – brightener, teeth whitener, etc. It is a natural, effective and cost affordable remedy.
Is Baking Soda good for Skin Whitening?
Baking soda is composed of sodium and a pH neutralizer which exfoliates the dead skin cells throughout the skin.
Baking soda is one of those household items that have traditionally been considered to be a necessity. This common kitchen ingredient can not only be used for baking but also do wonder for the skin on your hand and feet. In these cold winter months, skin is normally more susceptible to drying and cracking. Although many hand care products promise great results, these are only temporary and can cost quite a lot. The following recipes will instruct you how to use baking soda to make your hands and feet smooth and healthy.
- Mix three tablespoons of baking soda with one tablespoon of water until they form a paste.
- Apply it to the skin and gently rub the mixture in a circular motion.
- Apply a mild moisturizer and rub very gently. The other way mix one tablespoon baking soda with half tablespoon crushed sugar and a few drops of olive oil.
- Rub your hands gently with this mixture for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with just water.