How Banana Peels Help You Lose Weight:
Numerous key nutrients which can help you manage your weight quite well are hidden in the flesh of a medium-sized banana:
- 12% of your daily fiber, which can help your digestion or lower the risk of diabetes
- 17% of your vitamin C, that is very important for your complete immune system
- 20% of your vitamin B6, that helps your body’s ability to convert food into energy
- 12% of your potassium, which can help you in the development of cells, tissues and all the organs throughout your body
- 8% of your magnesium, that is very important for the body’s energy productions and regulating glucose, as well as blood pressure levels
Eating the peels together with the flesh will give you more of these valuable nutrients.
Banana peels are known to contain very high amounts of vitamins B6 and B12, as well as magnesium and potassium. It also contains fiber and protein.
HOW TO EAT BANANA PEELS?
Generally, all fruit peels are known to contain higher concentration levels of phytonutrients and they actually make them taste bitter.
But, there are also some delicious ways to eat them.
- Cut both of the ends of the peel and throw them into your smoothie. Add any other ingredients. The choice is yours.
- Boil the peels and prepare banana tea.
- Use banana peels for a curry instead of potatoes.
You can be creative and try many different recipes using banana peels.
Make sure that you buy organic bananas so that you can reduce your exposure to pesticides. Also, always wash them thoroughly before you use them!