You have a big day tomorrow–but apparently, your brain and body didn’t get the memo, because you’ve been tossing and turning for the last three hours. Try one of these 27 things to help you fall asleep in no time.
1. Put on socks. One study says you’ll fall asleep faster if you have warm hands and feet. Hey, it’s worth a shot.
2. Visualize your childhood home. Imagine every detail of every wall, fireplace and Laura Ashley comforter. When you’re not thinking about the stresses of the day, you’ll drift off faster.
3. Turn off your phone and computer. Don’t worry: There’s nothing happening on Instagram at 1 a.m.
4. Read a book. Might we suggest How to Be a Person in the World by Heather Havrilesky of “Ask Polly”? Five pages in and you’ll feel your lids starting to get heavy.
5. Set your thermostat between 65 and 68 degrees. That’s the sweet spot for a good night’s rest, according to science.
6. Sleeping with a snoring spouse? Build a wall of pillows around your head to block out the noise.