It is a fact that the human body is about 60% water. We need proper hydration to maintain our system at its full potential. For a proper function of the body, every cell, tissue or organ must be well hydrated.
Water is very important for:
- Maintaining body temperature
- Balancing body fluids
- Controls intake of calories
- Make the skin healthy and beautiful
- Removes waste and toxins
- Lubricates the eyes and joints
- Protects tissues, joints, and spinal cord.
You should consume food rich in water and drink lots of fluids.
10 signs the body is giving when you don’t have enough water in your system are:
- Inability to concentrate
- Constipation and some digestive problems
- Food cravings
- Reduced urination, with changes in color
- Dry mouth and bad breath
- Increased heart rate
- Dry skin and lips
- Pain and cramps in joints and muscles
You should drink a glass of room temperature water every morning and before every meal. Alcohol and caffeine dehydrates, so you must avoid them. Watery fruits and vegetables are your friends. You can set a reminder if you usually forget to drink water. Water can help you with problems like diarrhea, vomiting or fever.